The Saint-Cyprien Tourist Office informs its visitors about the commitments to sustainable development of the region.
These commitments are initiated by the Town Hall, the Sud Roussillon community of municipalities , the port and the Tourist Office.
Eco-gestures by the Tourist Office
- Paper editions produced by a printer having obtained environmental certification: Encre Verte.
- Collection of ink cartridges
- Recycling of used draft paper
- Acceptable levels of printing
- Reams of eco-labeled paper
- Battery recycling
- Eco-friendly actions have already been adopted and the staff are very committed to this approach: computers configured for double-sided printing in black and white, organisation of selective sorting of paper and cardboard and the use of reusable tableware in the office .
- Creation of eco cups for events held by the tourist office.
- Purchase of eco-responsible crockery in line with legislation.
Mobility and transport
- Le baladoir (the promenade on the seafront)
- The cycling area in Port Cypriano
- 7 routes of gentle ways and marked trails over 75 km
- The greenway of Agouille de la Mar
- The carpooling area (at the entrance to Saint-Cyprien)
- The Mediterranean by bike - Eurovélo 8
- Cycling friendly award
- LED equipment
- Decrease in the number of showers at the beach
- Installation of latest generation showers on the beach (water runs for a minimum of time)
- Rinse feet each time you access the promenade
- Stormwater management
- Creation of the selective sorting guide by Sud Roussillon
- Installation of drives-verre (glass recycling)
- Use of recycled cotton bags (for Multimedia library members)
- Elimination of plastics at events (use of eco-cups, etc.)
- Collection of boat maintenance chemicals and oils
- Anti-waste actions in canteens and nurseries
- Distribution of pocket ashtrays
Preservation of the environment
- Rejection of pesticides (pesticides, herbicides, fungicides) except for the preservation of palm trees and the fight against harmful species (Asian hornets and processionary caterpillars etc.)
- Proposal of Permaculture courses and conferences by Sud Roussillon
- Mechanical traps and disruption systems based on pheromones
- Steam weeding machines for the region (ecological steam)
- Weeding machines (which work with coconut starch to weed green spaces)
- Wave barriers (concrete modules connected to each other protecting seaside homes and businesses from sea storms and flooding in autumn, winter and early spring)
- Setting up online beehive information (educational work with schools)
- 32,000 m2 of flower meadows sown each year with honey plants to support bee foraging and their growth
- Fight against the Asian hornet: setting up of traps (agreement with the GDSA> Groupement de Défense Sanitaire Apicole) for immediate intervention when an Asian hornet nest is detected.